Here are the basics:
This course and all of the content within it is proprietary and copyrighted. It is the creation and property of the nonprofit Beauty Redefined, owned by Lindsay Kite, PhD and Lexie Kite, PhD. Do not copy or share *any* of this course content, including the general process and outline of the Body Image Resilience model, with anyone who is not a paid participant in this course. Do not use any content or images from this course for commercial purposes. 'Beauty Redefined' and 'more than a body' are registered trademarks of the nonprofit Beauty Redefined. Don't be mean to people in the discussion forum. Talk to us if you have concerns or problems (firstname.lastname@example.org). Don't represent yourself as a representative of Beauty Redefined or a spokesperson or course facilitator or partner in any official capacity unless you have express written consent from Lindsay and Lexie Kite. (Several people have done this, and we will find you.) We have the right to suspend or revoke your access to the course if you breach these terms. If necessary, we will pursue legal action against people who copy, share, or profit from this course or any of its content, or falsely represent themselves as official Beauty Redefined representatives.
Here is the legal stuff:
General Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of Beauty Redefined online courses (‘the Service’) within the US, UK and internationally is provided by Beauty Redefined (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) on the following Terms and Conditions.
By using the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Service. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following Terms and Conditions please do not agree to these terms or access, use and/or contribute to the Service.
1. Use of the Service
- You agree to use the Service only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Service or any part of it for commercial purposes.
- You must only use the Service in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of Beauty Redefined courses. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Service.
- We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of service to our users. If we believe you are inhibiting anyone else’s use or enjoyment of the Service (or any part of it), we reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage of the Service. This may include temporarily or permanently suspending your user account.
- Beauty Redefined reserves the right to make change to these Terms and Conditions from time to time and so you should check these Terms and Conditions regularly. Your continued use of the Service will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the Service.
- To register on this website you must be over 14 years of age, unless you have the explicit permission of your parent or guardian and the administrator of the Service.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details in order that we can communicate with you effectively.
- All user accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
- You must keep your password and user name confidential and not disclose them or share them with anyone unless you have been granted written permission by Beauty Redefined administrators. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting email@example.com immediately.
- If Beauty Redefined has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
- Beauty Redefined reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users, you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
4. Intellectual property
- All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on Service and all content (including all applications and materials) located on or available through the Service shall remain vested in Beauty Redefined.
- You must not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use courses.beautyredefined.org content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Beauty Redefined content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Beauty Redefined content requires the prior written permission of Beauty Redefined.
- The names, images and logos identifying Beauty Redefined or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Beauty Redefined and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any license or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of Beauty Redefined or any other third party.
5. Availability of the Service
- Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services available at the Service will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the Service will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Service, you should report it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- Your access to the Service may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the Service as soon as we reasonably can.
6. Beauty Redefined’s right to suspend or cancel your registration
- We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You can cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing at email@example.com. If you do so, you must stop using the Service.
- The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the Service shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
7. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, NAMES, IMAGES, PICTURES, LOGOS AND ICONS REGARDING OR RELATING TO BEAUTY REDEFINED, ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (OR TO THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES), IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BEAUTY REDEFINED EXCLUDES ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW), INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY AND ACCURACY. BEAUTY REDEFINED DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY ASPECT OF THE SERVICE OR ANY OF ITS CONTENT. WHILE WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT ALL CONTENT PROVIDED BY BEAUTY REDEFINED IS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF PUBLICATION NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ACCEPTED BY OR ON BEHALF OF BEAUTY REDEFINED FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURATE CONTENT ON THE SERVICE.
- NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LIMITS OR EXCLUDES BEAUTY REDEFINED LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS PROVEN NEGLIGENCE. SUBJECT TO THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE, NEITHER BEAUTY REDEFINED NOR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING LOSSES OR DAMAGES (WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSSES WERE FORESEEN, FORESEEABLE, KNOWN OR OTHERWISE): (A) LOSS OF DATA; (B) LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS; (C) LOSS OF BUSINESS; (D) LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; (E) LOSS OF GOODWILL OR INJURY TO REPUTATION; (F) LOSSES SUFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES; OR (G) ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION.
- BEAUTY REDEFINED DOES NOT WARRANT THAT FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR BUGS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO IMPLEMENT SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND VIRUS CHECKS (INCLUDING ANTI-VIRUS AND OTHER SECURITY CHECKS) TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ACCURACY OF DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT.
11. Applicable law
- These Terms and Conditions will be subject to the laws of the United States. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United States.
12. International use
- We make no promise that materials available on or through the Service are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the U.S., and accessing the Service from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Service from locations outside the U.S., you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and Beauty Redefined chooses to ignore this, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms and Conditions.
- Beauty Redefined shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- The Service is owned and operated by Beauty Redefined, a company registered in the U.S., and whose registered office address is at 5 S. 500 W. #1216, Salt Lake City, UT, 84101.
- If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
These terms relate to the paid-for on-line training services supplied to you through the courses.beautyredefined.org website (the “Online Course Service(s)”) and should be read in conjunction with our General Terms & Conditions above which shall also apply save where they are inconsistent with these terms.
1. Prices and payment
- Your order is an offer to purchase Online Course Services from us. The Online Course Service will be made available to you once your payment has been authorized and the course session has started. There will be no contract of any kind between you and us unless and until you make authorized payment for the Online Course Service. At any point up until then, we may decline to supply the Online Course Service to you without giving any reason.
- The fee for the Online Course Service is calculated and payable in advance of your use of the Service at courses.beautyredefined.org. The Company shall be under no obligation to provide the Online Course Service until the fee has been paid.
- All prices are expressed inclusive of any taxes payable unless otherwise stated.
- Your credit/ debit card details are not handled by Beauty Redefined. All payment and all credit card handling is through the third party services of PayPal Inc. or Stripe, Inc. We do not store any credit card details. Authority for payment must be given at the time of placing your order.
- Within 2 hours of purchase, a confirmation email will be sent to the customer acknowledging payment and successful enrollment in the course.
- This e-mail will notify users of an online URL where the course materials will be located. Customers will be required to create a username and password for logging into the site and accessing the course content.
3. Using the Online Course Service
- Please read the description for the Online Course Service carefully before placing your order as refunds will only be offered in rare circumstances (see section 7 below).
- Beauty Redefined warrants that it has the right to provide the Online Course Service and will use all reasonable skill and care in making the Online Course Service available to you and in ensuring its availability. Because of the nature of the internet, errors and omissions can occur and Beauty Redefined does not give any other warranties in respect of the Online Course Service.
- Beauty Redefined is continually seeking to improve the Online Course Services. Beauty Redefined reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of any Online Course Service provided that it does not materially reduce its content or functionality.
- In the event that Beauty Redefined withdraws or is permanently unable to deliver a particular Online Course Service a partial refund will be given covering the portion of the course that remains undelivered.
4. Posting of content
- Some Online Course Services allow you to post content to the course discussion forum, including asking questions about the course, posting completed assignments, and taking part in discussion boards.
- All content which you provide or upload to our website shall be subject to the relevant provisions of our General Terms & Conditions.
5. Fair use policy
- We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of our Online Course Services. If we believe your use of an Online Course Service is taking up excessive bandwidth or your use of an Online Course Service is adversely affecting the provision of the service (or any part of it) to other users, or other users’ enjoyment of the service, we reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage of the Online Course Service. This may include temporarily or permanently suspending your user account and/or access to the Online Course Service.
6. No commercial use
- Subject to clause 4.2, all Online Course Services are available for non-commercial use only. Beauty Redefined reserves the right to refuse orders from businesses that we consider are for commercial concerns. You may not re-sell or make available to any third party the Online Course Services without the prior written consent of Beauty Redefined.
- Subject to paying the applicable fees, universities and other teaching organizations are permitted to deliver the Online Course Service to their named students.
7. Cancellation and refunds
- Refunds cannot be made for downloadable digital items.
- Cancellation and refunds are available for subscribers to the Online Course Services only with 14 days of starting the course. If you need to request a refund for whatever reason please contact email@example.com.
- It is not possible to cancel or postpone your course, apart from under the circumstances in item 2 above.
- Your access to the Online Course Service may be terminated by written notice if you are in material breach of these terms and the breach is not remedied within the period of 14 days after written notice of the breach has been given to you. If we reasonably believe your breach of these terms affects our lawful operation of the Online Course Service or third party customers we may suspend your access to the Online Course Service at any time.